Monday, April 6, 2009

Beer Me, Sunshine!

Ah, summertime. A couple of nice sunny days and I totally forget about how, in just a few short weeks, I will be living in the inferno known as the Texas summer. Once the thermometer hits 75 and the wind finally dies down I can only think about one thing...patios! For three whole weeks, we have the perfect patio weather!!!! And what goes hand in glove with patios? That's right...a nice cool adult beverage! To be more specific, summer beer. Ah, yes, those of you that have partaken in summer beer can taste it now. If you are a summer beer virgin, get ready to change your drink of choice for summertime. My friend Sam told me about this one a few years ago ( I have many hangovers to thank her for). Those of you from New Orleans probably know all about this concoction. Leave it to the professional drinkers to come up with this tasty little number! Here is the recipe:

Summer Beer

One can of frozen pink lemonade
One can of vodka (use the pink lemonade can)
3 cans of any light beer that you like

I know, I know...it sounds disgusting. It is sooooo not. Trust me. It's the perfect drink for a girl's night, cook out, camping (strongly encouraged after my last camping experience, this would have come in handy) or just hanging out with your honey. It's so good that you will not even realize that you have over served yourself, which leads me to my next point. RESPECT THE SUMMER BEER! It is a fickle mistress that will knock you on your booty before you can say "Can you make another pitcher?". Everyone that I have told about summer beer loves it and I hope that you do too. As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to go mix up a pitcher now. Momma happy.

No comments:

Followers